Wednesday, 23 September 2009

Holiday?

I am seriously in need of a vacation! I wanted to say this since... let's see... the August holidays?? lol...

But I'm serious! For the whole of last year and this year I have not been anywhere outstation for any holiday... Not even sunway lagoon can you imagine it :(

I am dreaming of going to... hmm... a new place like... Paris? or Canada? or any nice places... or USA again for the 3rd time, I don't mind... or Australia again? or Singapore, China or Hong Kong again? or just any local tourist spots? It'll be great... Lols.... even Sunway Lagoon I haven't been to since 2006 I think. :(  Heheh, just saying lah... it's ok even if I don't get to go anywhere anytime soon... but I hope I can.

I remember less than 2 years ago, we sat on a plane for 3+ hours before reaching HK and after that, a 17+ hours of flight straight from HK to US. A very long flight but that's what we have to go through if we want a great holiday. The flight back was even worse, no joke. A 20+ hours of non-stop flight to HK and then 3+ hours back here after staying in HK for a few days. I miss the feeling of sitting in the plane la... I miss the snow (although super duper cold)... I miss Disneyland and California Adventure Park... (went there in 2003)... the Vegas lights which could be seen from many miles away... the biggest little city in the world (Reno), a big area with full of salt which we thought was snow (2003), the many different hotels and motels which we stayed in and changing motels everyday as we continued our journey, Walmart, the deserts which you see just anywhere along the highways, the very very extremely windy valleys (at one valley which was located on top of a mountain, the wind was seriously so very strong and continuous that we were almost blown off... but luckily the wind was blowing from the valley and not towards the valley otherwise we would have fallen inside... I'm not exaggerating!), beautiful beaches, sunset, rocks,... sightseeing!,... the world's crookedest street, Golden Gate Bridge and Bay bridge, San Francisco!, Knott's Berry Farm(a theme park with full of scary rides), Universal Studios, 17 Mile Drive, the vitamin, chocolate and jelly bean factories, farms, erm... oh yeah, chatting with my friends using the laptop when resting in the hotels/ motels, oh, seeing Mount Shasta which was covered with snow and actually looked like it was FLOATING in the sky/ air (so cool!! I don't think you know what I'm talking about anyway) visiting the casinoes, seeing the musical fountain!, beautiful lakes(some frozen), seeing and touching ice stalactites, been to Grand Canyon in 2003, seeing shooting stars, beeing on a curved escalator in one of the very grand hotels, err... enjoying the buffet and stuffing ourselves with as much food as we could until my cousin (who is of the same age as me) and I vomitted twice during the same buffet itself, but it was fun lah... driving for hours and hours before reaching our destinations but got down on the way to snap beautiful pictures, and we, consisting of 14 family members were driving 3 cars following behind one another from place to place, city to city and state to state. Of course, there were times when we were separated (especially in San Francisco), it was such an experience as the roads were all so busy, it was night time already and we had no means of communication yet at that time! Wait I think we used walkie-talkies.But we were all united again not long later... :DD

After 3 weeks of fun, we landed in HK to stay a few days before returning home. Jet-lag was sure to come. And it did.

I wonder when the next vacation will be... Hmm... nevermind... again, I'm just saying only... of course, I don't expect the same thing to happen again. :p

No comments: