Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Wasted effort

Heyya =)

Today I'm updating my blog about yesterday, tomorrow (or another day), I will update about today. XD

Yesterday some of the Form 3 students had to return the SPBT books (my class included). And, the Form 3 librarians had to stay in the library the whole day for the annual stock check. Xian Wei (the head), Zhun Chieh, Brenda, Pui Yee and I were in the same group - doing in the BBM room, which is, to me, the best place to do stock check in, because it is cooler there :).

Zhun Chieh was absent, so the four of us had to do it without him. I think we were kind of having fun there, or were we not? But it was super tiring. We had to sort out thousands of books and keyed them into the computer.

After doing more than a thousand books, suddenly Pn. M said that we were doing it wrongly and that we had to start all over again. How disappointed I was! We spent the whole day doing it and in the end we had to start all over again. =( Back to square one. And only Pui Yee and I were left because Brenda and Xian Wei went back. So? The both of us had to do it all by ourselves - carrying the books from the shelves and putting them back as well. My biceps are aching okay. At least I'm quite used to my biceps aching already, so it isn't that bad. At the end of the day, we only managed to key in 200+ books. =(

And now what? I'm the only librarian left in my class. Last year Yi May was with Jerome and me, but this year she is in a different class already. Jerome left for overseas recently. Sigh.

Ok, that's all for now. See ya.

No comments: