Friday, 7 August 2009

Majlis Penghargaan Kokurikulum 2009

MPK today... just because of this day, I have been skipping lessons before recess for 2 weeks.

A messy day for me but well, after everything, my day was actually okay. Not bad...

For the performances, the first was choir then ITC presentation by Kah Mun and me...(I think most people in the hall were bored by our presentation because it was so business-like, not suitable for DJ people's minds) then it was the robotics presentation, then public speaking, then 2 people played the piano with their nice songs...

Then it was time for everyone to receive their certs. For all clubs and uniform societies. Then it was recess. So I went to meet the Karate & Taekwondo people to last-minute plan out the sequence for our performance and practise while we still could.After recess, the school began to give out the certs and plaques as Anugerah Khas to students who achieved something in co-curriculum. They suddenly changed the sequence of how students should go up the stage; they separated the students into achievement at school level, district, state, national and international levels this time instead of going based on the clubs they are in. So yeah, my number was 178 but the no. 200+ students were already standing beside the hall waiting for their turns to go up on stage. And I actually thought that I missed my turn already as I was busy practising for the performance. When I found out that they changed the sequence, I went back to continue practising because the teacher in charge said "lama lagi" for my turn. So awhile later, Kah Mun was already standing beside the hall, ready to go up but a teacher suddenly slot the Dynamitez girls in front of Kah Mun so I continued practising as it would have taken quite a while more to my turn. So I went off for awhile and when I returned just a few minutes, as in, very soon after, I saw Kah Mun was no longer there whereas the Dynamitez girls were still there. I asked my friend and she said that my turn was JUST over. :( :( Someone went up to take my cert for me instead. D: How could they change the sequence so suddenly like that? SO LAST MINUTE! And they expected to inform students at last minute?? Haihz... How could this happen?!

So that messed up my day but luckily I did not lose focus on the performance. After all the awards were given out, it was Silat's turn to perform.

After that, Karate and Taekwondo did a unity performance.

The first thing we performed was an acting scene. Then we broke wood.

Thiam Joo did a jumping front kick.
Then I did a cross-leg side kick and turning kick (with the 2 heaviest and hardest-to-break planks among all the 7 Karate planks, supposedly). Nice feeling weih.. But my foot hurt a little after I broke the plank.
Wee Shien did a chopping kick
then Leannza kicked front and turning kicks.
Victor did (I forgot what kick),
Kheng Wei did a downwards chop,
Joe Ee broke 2 planks (I forgot what he did),
Jordan elbow-ed the plank
and Keefe did a strike.
We ended our breaking with Thiam Joo doing a jumping side kick.
Then was acting Scene 2.

Overall I think the performance was pretty good. Not sure what everyone else thought about our performance though. But you guys are always the best! Keefe, Tracy, Wee Shien, Thiam Joo, Leannza, Kheng Wei, Victor, Jordan, Kelly and Joe Ee, nice performing with ya'll... :) I really enjoyed it although I had to miss so many days of lessons. Yay, all our planks broke! I know some people think that the planks might be fake but please, they are not fake k... Some people got to personally hold our planks and know they were genuine. :) And so happened I'm in Karate in this school and not in Taekwondo here so I didn't get to wear my black belt like the Taekwondo members did... but nevermind! Coz love my club. :)

After our performance then it was break dancing and Dynamitez.

Got free chicken rice and mineral water after the ceremony. Then went for librarian meeting and after that went down to the canteen to celebrate Pui Yee's birthday. Jim-Leon and Amanda Sek bought her a cake and 13 of us sang a song for her and shared the cake. I wished Pui Yee happy advanced birthday then she pointed out that my birthday is also coming. So everyone started singing the birthday song for me and yehuan again. :) Thanks everyone. :D Thanks for the song and the cake and thanks Amanda Leong for putting cake on my face! Lol.

So today was quite an extraordinary day. Mhmm... I like! EXCEPT for the missing my turn to go on stage part.

No comments: