That's right... time really flies. I remember the first day I was in Form 2. It feels like it was just yesterday. Now, I'm already getting ready for Form 3... More stress is coming in, and soon PMR is here. More studying to do. =(
This holiday is coming to an end, but I've found that I haven't been doing anything useful... Mostly watching TV, sleeping, etc. But still, without having anything to do, by right I should feel as if the holiday is passing by really slowly, but no. I feel it really is coming to an end in a blink of an eye.
I really did enjoy my holidays. USA and Hong Kong were great! Spent almost a month at those places, but I'm not at all bored of it. The flight was really long. 17 to 20 hours sitting so still in the crowded airplane really made me feel bored. It was just sleeping or watching movies for me, most of the time.
The whole holiday was crazy!! 14 people renting 3 cars in USA, following one another the whole time! The driver of the first car had to crack his head, deciding which way to go. The task was easier for the second car, following the first car all the time. But as for the third car, it wasn't at all easy to follow up. Getting caught in the traffic lights most of the time was bad. The worst experience of getting lost for the third car was in San Francisco. The roads were all busy, no phone to call, too many traffic lights, too many hills which went up and down and too many turnings which went left and right. The weather there was extremely cold too, the temperature even dropped to 0 degree Celcius or lower. I felt really cold and really shivered, considering the fact that I only wore one jacket most of the time. My shirt itself wasn't even thick too. Got many frost bites especially on the hands, and even had cracks on them too, as I had forgotten to bring my gloves.
There was too much driving in USA. We drove about 3000+ miles in about 20 days. Drove day and night for hours and hours, and each time we took a break was after 2-3 hours of driving. Drove across four states in that 20 days itself: California, Nevada, Arizona and Oregon. Almost every night we stayed there, it would be in different hotels / motels. Rarely did we stay more than a night at any one of those hotels / inns. However, there was also time for shopping. Every night for dinner, it would either be fast food or instant noodles.
In USA, we've been into snow on the high mountains, the really windy beach(in 17 mile drive), been climbing rocks, seen many, many lakes and even touched the water of Lake Tahoe, been at the top of mountains next to craters (one was filled with water and is known as the "Crater Lake"--next to it was snow and the other was a really, really, very, VERYYYY windy place. The wind was so strong it could even blow someone off! We've been out there feeling and enjoying the wind, but we were lucky we did not get blown into the crater, as we were walking opposing the motion of the wind. The wind was blowing from the crater. The wind was the strongest I've ever felt before. In addition to that, the weather was already super cold but we were still standing in the wind. That was a truly valuable experience! We've also visited a dam, and whenever we stuck our heads out above the empty dam, the wind would suddenly blow strongly right into our faces. Another place with strong winds.
Oh, not to forget, Las Vegas. Full of bright lights and the lights were so bright that they were even reflected in the sky. I remember it was the same four years ago, in 2003. Stayed 2 nights there and went for 2 buffets. Saw the musical fountain too. After enjoying the fountain, ran back in the rain to the cars parked in the open-air car park. It was great!
And Reno. This plan to reach Reno took us approximately 4 years to complete. I remember when we wanted to go to Reno the last trip, it was snowing really heavily that we needed to buy the tyre chains to drive through the snow. So the trip to Reno was just forfeited and we continued on our journey to another destination.
It's really difficult to drive through snow, although just a bit of snow is there. This trip, we drove into that little bit (probably just 1 inch) of snow just to U-turn our car, but that got our car stuck and took ages just to get out of there.
Went to many, many places this trip. Went to Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Studios (they are both theme parks). Knott's Berry Farm's rides are really thrilling and scary. I wanted to try some of the other rides too, but there were too many people queuing up for them. Even just for a mere train ride, it took us almost an hour to queue up. As for the other more thrilling rides, many more people queued up for them.
Universal Studios was great too. A nice place for movies, the movie tour, some rides and picture-taking.
This shall be all for now, as it is a post long enough for you to get bored of already. =)
Tuesday, 18 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment